Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Shoes All Around

Josephine is speaking so well lately! She's saying complete sentences, such as, "I eat all blueberry." And she's telling me things that I need to know. The other day, we were leaving a store in our neighborhood, and I told her that we needed to go to Maison Blanc to get something for dessert. She pointed in the proper direction and said, "Maison Blanc -- that way." I was so impressed.

On the subject of dessert, the French bakeries here are just wonderful, and they're on every street corner. They have the best macaroons imaginable. On the other hand, there are NO Italian bakeries here. I really miss the cannoli in New Jersey.

I watched the final season of the Sopranos a while back, and it brought with it a sudden wave of homesickness for New Jersey. That part right at the beginning where Tony is driving all over the place and you can see the montage of Jersey sights got me all choked up. I'm over it, though.

There was this pair of shoes at Harvey Nichols that I tried on last September or so, and they were so amazing, but they were just too expensive. Then after a while, the disappeared from the shoe department, which was sort of a relief because then I was no longer tempted to part with the cash for them. But during their recent sale, the shoes were BACK. But I still did not buy them at first. I went back last week, and it was the last week of the sale and they had their final reductions. I decided I just had to have them, even though, at 60% off, they still cost a fortune. They remind me of geisha shoes. I need to start frequenting fabulous places so I can wear them.

The girls got new shoes this week, too. Josephine's light up when she walks.


I tried to get a photo of them both in midair jumping off chairs, but it just did not happen:

These English gardeners are amazing. It's January, for crying out loud. Cold and dark all the time, but the local park looks like some sort of a tropical paradise.

The girls got new bath crayons to play with:

The obligatory playground pic:

New dresses:

No comments: