Monday, February 4, 2008

School Insanity

All the independent schools (what we call private schools in the States) in London require that your child show up for an "assessment" where they interview the child to see if they will fit in at the school. Pascale had her first assessment today at Cameron House. I got a sitter for Josephine so I could take her there, naturally assuming that I was going to be a participant or at least an onlooker to this interview. When we arrived, they sent us upstairs to the room where they were doing the assessments. When we got there, there were maybe 6 kids already there and NO PARENTS. They have you drop off your 3-year-old for an hour of interviews and testing, and come back to pick her up!! Is that crazy or what? I could not believe it. Pascale actually handled it very well, though. I guess it's another thing that I'll have to get used to.

No comments: