Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Undocumented Week




Many things happened this week, and I have no photos of any of them. I'm not sure what happened to my obsession with photographically documenting all events. You'll just have to believe me when I tell you that we had our second trip to A&E this week. Josephine broke her thumb in a door. Poor kid! She has a cast, and it has to stay on for another whole week! The cast is on her right hand, and she is right-handed. It took her a couple of days to get used to using her left hand to eat and do other things with, but she is pretty accustomed to it now.

Luckily, Bernie took some photos around our neighborhood that I can post. There are all kinds of great shops that are a 15-second walk from our front door, and I'm glad Bernie has documented them.

We also went to Rebecca's recital at the Royal College of Music. I don't take the kids to live music performances very often, and was not sure how they would behave, but they were really interested! Of course, no photos of that, either.

Rebecca had taken them to RCM once before, but without me. She got them ice cream when they were there. As we were leaving, I told them I would get them some ice cream, and they took me right to the place Rebecca had taken them. This involved crossing the street, going up some steps, entering a building, then going up more steps. I was so impressed that they remembered how to get there.

The days have been really long, and the light at twilight (which lasts like an hour) is fantastic. I have some photos from our windows taken late in the day, including the one above featuring the Natural History Museum.

Pascale looking silly



A restaurant on Chelsea Green, right outside our door. I like it, Bernie does not.



Continuing our tour of Chelsea Green, the pharmacy where we get all kinds of stuff.



Again right ouside our door, the rug shop where we have bought nothing.



The butcher and wine shop that we frequent.



This shop always has nice window displays.



On the left, the location of the fish-and-chips place that closed. On the right, a chichi clothing shop



The framer's. Josephine likes to sit on his doorstep.



The stratospherically expensive hair salon.




Battersea Power Station, seen from our window at sunset.



Bluebird cafe has outsize tennis balls to celebrate Wimbledon.



Bernie took the girls to Gambado today.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Thank you for those great pictures. Will you be able to get to Liberty of London before you leave? I mean you don't have to take pictures, but just walk around and take in the fabric?