Friday, July 17, 2009

We're No Longer Americans in London



This is my final post. We've just returned to New Jersey and are already waxing nostalgic about our time in London. Here's to hoping that the memories won't fade as quickly as Pascale's and Josephine's adorable accents. I have had a great time with this blog, and here's a tremendous temptation to continue it under another name. I will resist. Pascale is 5 now. Before long, she will realize that this blog is tantamount to talking about her in public, and she will demand that I cease and desist. I would like to stop on my own before that happens.

To all (both?) of my faithful readers, I hope you've enjoyed the photos of the girls and accounts of our European adventures. I have enjoyed our time abroad immensely, and I will always treasure the memories of spending time with my family in such a great city.

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Congrats on making it safely back to the US. Sanity intact I hope.
I will miss this blog. Our youngest are about the same age and it has been fun to see the comparison.

Welshkiwi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Welshkiwi said...

Thank you.

Your postings have meant a lot to me, as an exile (voluntary, by marriage) from London, with my adult children now all living overseas. Experiences you have given your girls, in London, are like those we gave our family, many years ago and I've enjoyed the delicious nostalgia.

Good luck to you all - and make sure your blog is available to Pascale and Josephine twenty years on.
They will love it.

Lynn said...

I'm glad you're back safe and sound. I will miss the posts about town. I don't know about little girls, but my boys do like me to post a little about them. They even like to leave the pictures up for them to see when they walk by. I know nothing about the east coast, and occasionally the east coast rumor pops up from my husband. But you're the author, and I'm stll glad to have met you through the internet.

Liana said...

I've so enjoyed your posts and especially the photos. Your girls are so sweet, and although I can see that the time to stop will come, I hope you'll be able to 'write around them' if you no longer write about them.

Kerrie said...

Thanks for the peek into your lives. I am a regular lurker (who visits your sewing blog too) and I've enjoyed looking at your life in London from a visitor's viewpoint. I am Australian and love visiting London and got to spend time living there for a while vicariously through you!

Hope your memories last a lifetime and thanks again

Rachel said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have always wanted to visit London.

Unknown said...

As an American still living in London, would love to know how adjusting back to life in the US has been over the last year. :)