Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Season

Pascale's last day of her school term was last Wednesday, so there's no school until after New Year's! So far, it's been nice to not have to deal the the craziness of getting the kids out of the house every morning, but I know we'll all be wishing for school soon enough.

We have a Christmas tree! I bought it online and had it delivered. Since I did not see it before it arrived, I was and continue to be shocked at how much room it takes up. It's a 7-foot tree, and it seems like the branches are 7 feet long! Maybe I should have looked at CharlieBrownTrees.com to get one that would fit in our flat a little better. But then again, do we really need to see the WHOLE TV screen?

Uncle Vince was in London on business this week, and he spent Thursday with us. We went ice skating at the rink by the Natural History Museum. I held up Josephine, and he took Pascale. J and I only lasted once around. I had to hold her up by the armpits, which meant that I had to bend down quite a bit. This made for uncomfortable skating. Vince went around with Pascale several times, and she just loved it. There was also a Christmas Market by the skating rink, but it was a bit disappointing. I was expecting nice crafts, but it was mostly stands selling manufactured goods.

There's this upholstery shop on King's Road that always has the best window displays. Here is what's currently in their 4 windows:


Pascale made some ornaments at school:


Some gifts arrived from Nonna and Grampa:


Dancing around the tree:


Pascale went to a birthday party where they had face painting. She's sporting the supercool alien look:


Ice skating photos:


Modeling the clothes that Aunt Carin got them for Christmas:

No comments: