Sunday, December 2, 2007

Toys, big and smaller

Just when I thought I was used to the shockingly dangerous playground equipment here, I see something like this structure. It's 15 or maybe 20 feet high, made entirely of rope. I could not even imagine watching my child climbing on this thing.


Josie is heavily into tea parties:


Bernie has endless supplies of patience and energy:


This showed up at the toy department of our local department store. It's an almost-life-size pony that has that demonic posession software that allows it to interact. All toys like that are freaky, but the size of this thing makes it even freakier than most. But the first thing I thought when I saw it was, "Who has the space for this kind of thing?" But the price is 250 pounds, so I guess if you have that kind of money for a toy, you also have a big space for it.

No comments: