Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pre-Haloween Festivities


The weather has been gorgeous this week in London. We're really lucky. I took the girls to Tower Bridge today to try to get a Christmas card photo, and I think I nailed it. I wanted a have a London landmark in the photo. It does not look all that Christmasy, though, because it's all warm and sunny out. After they were good sports about the photo, I bought them ice cream.

Pascale has taken some of the things they do in school and brought them home. She especially likes to do the register, where she holds a book and calls everyone's name and we have to say, "Yes Miss Pascale." Then we get a sticker. Now, Josephine has started doing it, too. It's so cute when she says, "Claudine!" "Bernie!"

I went to the Twisted Thread sewing expo at Alexandra Palace in North London yesterday. It was a huge event and I had a great time. They had vendors selling every kind of sewing and knitting supply imaginable. I bought several kinds of silk embroidery thread, including Japanese flat silk, which I have only read about. I can't wait to try them. Alexandra Palace is on a hill with a nice view of central London. I don't usually think of London as having a skyline, but it really does. I didn't take photos, though, because I would have been shooting into the sun.



Bernie took the girls to a Halloween party yesterday, where they had face painters (imagine that)!


A multimedia (watercolor and crayon) creation by Pascale


We got a new dishwasher


Rebecca came over for a birthday dinner


Trashing the House




This is quite impressive




The playground

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I just found your blog through a google search and I'd like to maybe speak to you, one on one. The reason being that I currently live in Spain but I dream of moving to London one day and I have a couple of questions for you. My email address (for MSN too) is janettrodriguez00@hotmail.com . I can't really find any expatriates living in London so it would really be appreciated if you could help me :)

(Sorry for the double post, I mistook the other for the latest blog)