Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dessert Heaven




The dessert that says London to me is the macaroon. Perhaps it's really French, but I discovered it in London. They have them at the 2 bakeries near me, Maison Blanc and Patisserie Paul, and they are wonderful. Like eating clouds. But this week, I was walking by Laduree, which is famous for its macaroons. They had an amazing selection of flavors, including LICORICE. It was like eating a licorice cloud. Really, a life-changing experience.

Josephine has developed a knack for saying exactly the right thing. She certainly does not get that from me. Bernie came home a couple of weeks ago with this Cinderella Polly Pocket thing, and Josephine opened it and said, "It's just what I wanted!" Then the other day, I was yelling at her for something and she said, "I'm so sorry, Mommy," in a really sincere tone of voice. I totally melted and basically said she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants and I will never yell at her again.

Quote of the week from Pascale: "I'm going to stay in Hotel Big Massive Huge."

The weather has been getting chillier, but we still try to get to the playground after school every day that it's not raining. Now that Pascale has started at her new school, she seems to know every second kid there. They are all either kids from her old preschool or her new school. It's so much fun to watch her run around talking to everyone.



Josephine climbs up here herself.


Monkey Girl


Pascale's amazing work of art


Bernie took the kids to the Diana Playground yesterday. He met a friend from work and his son.


Doesn't it look like they're on a date?


Both girls love these popup books that stand up when you open them out.


At the Victoria and Albert Museum. Notice Pascale's shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I just found your blog through a google search and I'd like to maybe speak to you, one on one. The reason being that I currently live in Spain but I dream of moving to London one day and I have a couple of questions for you. My email address (for MSN too) is janettrodriguez00@hotmail.com . I can't really find any expatriates living in London so it would really be appreciated if you could help me :)