Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Glimpse into the Future


Bernie took the girls to Gambado yesterday, where Pascale got to show off her driving skills. This picture is a bit of a premonition, and it gives me a sinking feeling.

ON Wednesday, I showed Pascale the picture on my computer screen, and said, "This is Barack Obama. He's the new president of the United States!" This news was greeted with a withering look that said, "Why are you bothering me with this trivia? I'm playing." So, not all Americans in London were jubilant at Obama's victory. Just those over the age of 5. I'm happy with the outcome of the US election, but I'm also glad that it is OVER. I was getting pretty good at paying attention to UK news sources and becoming informed about things here, but with this election, I've been obsessed with American news. I'm hoping I can again get the hang of paying attention to local news.

pretending to be cats at the playground



Rebecca went to Spain and got flamenco dresses for the girls!



Pascale is wearing her Remembrance Day poppy.



I went to a tag sale and managed to get skiwear for both girls for our ski trip this year! This is a bit of a coup because that sort of thing is so expensive, and my kids will literally wear it for a week.


The need new sweaters like a hole in the head, but these were SO CUTE!

No comments: