Saturday, June 9, 2007

Greetings!

We've been here for a week now, and I am cheifly occupied with keeping the kids entertained and awake during the day with some looking for a flat mixed in. Everything you've heard about London being really expensive -- all true. Our first-choice flat fell through. It was this spectacular place in St John's Wood that may have been bigger than our house in Summit. But it was furnished with all this really inappropriate furniture, like a white leather sofa. That's just not something I want my 2 toddlers around. So now we're focused on a smaller but wonderfully located flat in Chelsea. If this one falls through, it's back to St John's Wood. I would like to start a lease before our furniture arrives at the end of the month.

There's a nice playground near our temporary flat that we've been visiting every day. Here's a photo of Pascale and Josephine on the way there:


We also have a membership at the zoo, which we've visited twice.

Today, I took some time to myself to visit the Victoria and Albert Museum and do some shopping. I wanted to familiarize myself with the tube before attempting to take the kids on it. I think I may have to forget about the tube with the kids because the stations are most assuredly not stroller-friendly. I'll look into learning to take the bus.

I told Pascale that she would be turning 5 when we're in London. So on Monday she asked me, "Am I 5?"

1 comment:

http://ninapomeroy.com said...

So glad you have this blog so I can see what life is like on the other side of the pond with two kiddos in tow :)

The girls look so big here!