Monday, June 11, 2007

Zoo Trip

One week after our arrival, and we've just completed our third trip to the zoo. I'm glad we've got two years here because if we were trying to see all the tourist attractions in 2 weeks, I'd be quite frustrated. At the zoo today, we saw the apes, the aquarium, and the butterflies. We spent the rest of the time at the jungle gym and in these little cars. I kept asking Pascale if she wanted to see the penguins, zebras, etc, but no interest. Maybe next time.

The really exciting news is that we took the tube there! It was not that bad. It was a long walk from the tube to the zoo entrance, but a bag of crisps made the walk a little sweeter for Pascale. I don't have our double stroller yet, but it should be arriving in the air shipment this week. I didn't bring it on the plane with us because I did not want to lug it through the airport. If I had it to do over again, I would bring it with me on the plane. I really miss it, and I'm spending a fortune on cabs to go to places that are walking distance for me, but not for Pascale. When I have the double stroller, I can just tell her to hop in and we can go.

1 comment:

Lisette M said...

When I was in London in 1992, the London Zoo was closing(it was old fashioned with big cages with cement floors). Have they remodeled and reopened, or is this zoo in a new location? Your girls seem to be having a great time. My boys love any zoo!