Monday, June 25, 2007

Rainy, Rainy weekend

Boy, did it rain last weekend. It was a good time to have DH home, since he took over most of the child care duties. It's much harder watching them here, where we don't have any scheduled things to do. After the lease is signed on the flat, I'll find a day camp for Pascale so we have something on the schedule.

The Victoria and Albert museum has these art projects every Sunday. It's always in a different gallery, and you're supposed to make something based on one of the works of art in the gallery. Pascale LOVES IT. Of course, since she's only 3, she does not have the coordination to make what you're really supposed to make, but she will sit there for 90 minutes or so, cutting and pasting colored paper. It's great. This is the second week we've gone, and I think we'll go every week for the forseeable future. Here is a pic of the castle she made yesterday. I think it shows great promise.


P and J's cousins made a video for them to watch! It was very nice hearing from them.


Josephine is startlingly active. She does this wild Tarzan swing by grabbing on to the bar at the top of the slide at the playground. I can't get a photo of it, though, because I'm busy spotting her when she does it. Here is the playground this morning:


I saw a great pair of shoes at Harvey Nichols last weekend. I think I may go back and buy them, although they are the sort of shoes for which I have no use whatsoever. Maybe if I get really glamorous shoes, I'll eventually get a really glamorous life to go with them.

I keep wanting to get a pic of the boys' school uniforms for a school down the block. They include a tie that's maybe 5 inches long. This is really cute on, say, a 7-year-old, but the school goes all the way up to high school (or whatever they call it here). So they have these 17-year-olds who are the size of grown men wearing these silly little ties. It's hilarious.

No comments: