Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence Day

So here I am in the land of the oppressors on the Fourth of July. Good thing they're no longer taxing us without representation. On our own turf, anyway.

We went to the Princess Diana Memorial Playground again today. It's in Kensington Gardens, next to Hyde Park. We were eating lunch at the cafe there, and this helicopter came in extremely low and landed just outside the playground! Josephine was sitting on the opposite side of the picnic table from me, and she jumped on top of the table and hurled her whole body at me, she was so scared. I could not see what was going on because of the trees in the way, but in light of recent activities in the UK, it made me more than a little nervous. It took off again maybe half an hour later. I tried to look at some of the news sites, but there was no mention of it that I could find.

It has not rained ALL MORNING!


No comments: