Monday, July 2, 2007

Wheels for Pascale

Since all the 3-year-olds in the nabe have scooters, Pascale needed one to fit in. She's really good at it, and loves it. I think it's much better for her to ride the scooter than to ride in the stroller. Here she is today, riding in her rain coat (pretty much a permanent accessory). And Josephine went on the big-girl swing for the first time today! She hung on really well, only falling off once. She learns fast.

I've thought of some other things I like about England.
1. Clotted Cream -- Need I say more
2. Big bath tubs with taps on them that you can manipulate with your toes.

One thing that happens here all the time that never happens in the US is that adults will speak directly to a child that they do not know. It kind of freaks Pascale out and she never says anything back. I explain that she's a little shy. I guess kids here are more comfortable with talking to strangers than in the US.



Josephine is wearing Pascale's jacket in this pic. She has a jacket of her own, but of course Pascale's is irresistable.

No comments: