Friday, July 6, 2007

Imminent Move

We move to the new flat on Monday! We may be without Internet access for a while, so I may not be able to post. Hopefully, there will be an open wireless connection that I can latch on to until we can get ours set up. But maybe it's not so bad to be without Internet because I'll have my sewing machine!! So exciting! I see all these great clothes to copy in store windows around here, and soon I'll be able to. I am lucky to have a flat that's big enough to allow me some dedicated sewing space.

Pascale and I toured a preschool on Friday, and since it's the only one in walking distance with open space, I think we'll go with it. All the preschools here are so much more academic than the ones in the States. I tried to conceal my horror when the teachers went through the workbooks that the 3-year-olds use to learn to read and do math. Pascale's resilient, and she probably won't suffer too much damage from excessive workbook use. She is desperate to get back to school to hang out with other kids her own age. She was very disappointed when we left the school after the tour. She said, "Why didn't we stay there?"

Kids here start their first year in school (equivalent to kindergarten) at age 4, so I also have to find a school for her for next year. I'm hoping to get that squared away for her in the next month or so.

No comments: