Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Settling In

We're still getting settled in the flat. Yesterday, I managed to get my sewing machine working. It's a vintage White that I use as my backup machine, but of course it has not been used in some time, so I forgot how to thread it. Thank goodness for the Internet and people who post scans of their manuals. By the time I got it working it was too late to start sewing. Maybe tonight. My sewing space is tiny, but in such an expensive city, I'm lucky to have it.

We went to our little playground this morning, then to the zoo this afternoon. It's not that easy to take the tube to the zoo. The nearest tube stop is a good 15-minute walk from the tube entrance. When we arrived at the zoo, Pascale asked, "Can we take a taxi home?" She's such a city kid! We actually have not taken a cab in a while, because the last time we took one, Pascale and Josephine both misbehaved. Today, though, Pascale behaved fine and Josie fell asleep. It was very restful.

Pascale likes the zoo, but she's much more interested in the little rides and things that are there than in seeing the animals. Here she is with Josehine in the bouncy castle:

No comments: