Thursday, July 5, 2007

Nice Weather!

It hardly rained at all today! Only a little in the afternoon. We went to the playground this morning, and there were not one but two moms there that I know and could talk to. I did learn some bad news, though. The playground will be closing from November to May of next year for renovations. It really does need some updating, especially replacing the hard blacktop that covers most of the playground surface, but I will miss having an easy place to go and hang out. The mitigating factor is that Pascale will be in school by then, so it won't be so important to have the playground to go to.

We hit 2 museums this afternoon. We went to the Victoria and Albert first so we could eat at the outdoor cafe there. Then we had to go look at the life-size silver lions in the silver gallery, which are Pascale's favorite items in the museum. Then we went to the Science Museum to play in the water table, etc. I was not in the mood to take pictures today (strange indeed for me), but here's a pic of the lions taken from the Victoria and Albert Museum web site.


This time next week, we'll be in our new flat! With our old stuff! That's right, the sea shipment has arrived, and is awaiting customs clearance. The lease on the new flat starts Monday, and they will deliver the stuff right away. I'm so excited. I really miss my knives and my warm clothes. Pascale misses her bed and the pictures that were hanging in her room. I'm afraid we will have way too much stuff, and we will definitely have to use the storage space that comes with the flat for overflow. It was hard for us to decide what to bring, since we did not know where we would be moving to. I'm sure it will all work out.

No comments: